Devin Knight to lecture at Ring 41
Who is Devin Knight?
Devin Knight is considered one of magic's most creative inventors. Devin was a protege of the late Al Mann and currently works as a full-time magician and mentalist. The majority of his routines are best sellers and have received great reviews in the magic community.
Some of Devin's best known effects are Blindsight, Outta Sight, Predictionary and Chess Gambit. Devin's work on Al Mann's Glass Box is perhaps the ultimate work on headline predictions ever written.
This lecture holds something whether you are just starting out or if you are a seasoned veteran of our Art.
Here is some of what Devin will be bringing to his lecture-
- SALT IN LIGHT BULB: Magician causes salt to vanish and appear inside a borrowed light bulb that was just lit.
- POKER TELLS: Instantly give any spectator psychic ability so he can correctly name 4 cards sealed inside opaque envelopes. No instant stooge.
- DISSOLVING ACES: An incredible effect where 4 aces vanish one at a time in slow motion. Nothing used by 4 aces. The closest thing you will see to real magic. One of the most talked about effects of Devin's lecture.
- DELUXE BABY GAG: A new and improved version with NEW topical gags and a kicker ending where a n actual photo of the named person is produced.
- PREDICTIONARY:Any word called out is found to be the only word circled in a dictionary.
- NO SECRET WRITING. Baffling beyond words and an effect that fooled every magician who saw it. Dictionary can be left with spectator for examination.
- FARSIGHT: Magician is able to reveal the name of a card selected while his back is turned and he is 20 feet away. Positively no forces and this is another effect that fooled all the magicians.
- RING IN PAINT CAN: A novel effect in which a borrowed ring appears inside a spray paint can and can only be gotten out by spraying it out! A great comedy effect that Devin shows you how to make up for a few bucks. No actual paint is used, but it sure looks that way!
- OUTTA SIGHT: A tossed out deck that fools magician and blows away lay people. Imagine doing the tossed out deck, with an EXAMINED and shuffled deck. Despite this you correctly reveal three cards just peeked at.
- RETRO SIGHT: A weird effect unlike anything you have ever seen. Devin shows you how to make words reflected in a mirror to suddenly become readable. Suddenly they are no longer mirror images. A reputation maker.
- DEAL OR NO DEAL: Another impossible effect. A person names any card. NO FORCE or preshow. The named card is found to be folded up inside a sealed cardboard box that has been in full view the entire time. Baffling beyond words and NO card index is used. This effect alone is worth going to the lecture.
- AROUND THE SQUARE: Performer shows a piece of newspaper and cuts out a square, when the paper is opened the square visibly changes to a circle. Can be used as a prediction for an ESP card in which you cut out the wrong design and it changes to the correct design. A NEW METHOD with angle problems.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Another magician fooler. A spectator and the magician both secretly choose a food from a menu. It turns out they both selected the same food. NOT ONLY THAT, the magician has predicted the selected food on a restaurant's bill that has been on the table the full time. No secret writing. The secret is stunning.
- CHESS GAMBIT: A spectator secretly removes any chess piece from a set up chessboard. His chosen piece is found to be the ONLY CHESS piece that is circled in a chess book held and opened by an audience member. The audience member finds the circled piece in the book BEFORE the spectator shows his selected piece. Baffling beyond words and the effect doesn't seem possible. 100% hands off, the magician touches NOTHING including the book.
|Click above to watch Devin perform on YouTube
Devin will be be giving his lecture at our November 23rd. 2011 meeting. The lecture will begin at 7:30pm, doors open at 7:00pm. There will be a short business meeting preceding the lecture.
Price: $15 to Non-members. This lecture is free to current members of of Ring 41.
For more information on Devin Knight...
The Ring meetings are held on the last Wednesday of the month at the Tripoli Shrine Temple in downtown Milwaukee. Meetings start at 7pm.